Are you the ONE who don't like to take chances and waste one precious year by failing in Prelims?
Do you want to test your knowledge after reading a particular topic? Then The MCQ Factory (TMF) is for you!
It provides topic wise high quality MCQs for testing your knowledge in a particular topic.
More details here
- UN Conference on Disarmament (CD) is not a formal United Nations (UN) organization.
- It is linked to UN through personal representative of UN Secretary-General.
- It is multilateral forum established in 1979 by international community to negotiate multilateral arms control and disarmament agreements.
- It is headquartered in Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
- The conference has 65 members represent all areas of the world, including all known nuclear-weapon states (including India, Pakistan, Israel and North Korea)
- Resolutions adopted by UN General Assembly often request conference to consider specific disarmament matters.
- In turn, conference annually reports its activities to UNGA.
- In the 1990s, the Conference had held intensive efforts to draft CTBT text and its two annexes, but it did not succeed in reaching consensus on the adoption of the text.
- Currently UNCD conducts discussion on Fissile Material Cut-off Treaty (FMCT), a pact to prevent an arms race in outer space, nuclear disarmament and negative security assurances (NSA).