Skip to content
- EPCA is Supreme Court mandated body tasked with taking various measures to tackle air pollution in the National Capital Region.
- It was notified in 1998 by Environment Ministry under Environment Protection Act, 1986.
- Its mandate is to protect and improve quality of environment and prevent and control environmental pollution in National Capital Region.
- It is also mandated to enforce Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) in NCR as per the pollution levels.
- In November 2017, EPCA had enforced several measures, including ban on brick kilns, closure of Badarpur thermal power plant, hot mix plants and stone crushers, and construction activities in NCR.