Skip to content
- Wushu is Chinese Kung-fu.
- It is a martial art form that deals with exhibition and full-contact sport derived from traditional Chinese martial arts.
- It is different from other combat sports as it is a mix of kick-boxing and wrestling.
- It is made up of two disciplines, namely :
- Taoulu (forms) and
- Sanda (sparring).
- Sanda comprises combative aspect of art-form, while Taoulu involves demonstration of the moves, acrobatic routines and techniques that that are implemented in Sanda.
- Wushu is international sport governed through International Wushu Federation (IWUF).
- Why in news? India won four bronze medals in Wushu sporting event (all in Sanda style) at Jakarta-Palembang 2018 Asian Games held in Indonesia.