Ministry/Department : Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
Its objective is to identify and support potential medal prospects for 2016 and 2020 Olympic Games
- Under the scheme the selected athletes are provided financial assistance for their customized training at Institutes.
- These sports institutes will have world class facilities and other necessary support to improve performance and higher position in medals tally for the country.
- Under it benchmark for selection of athletes is in relation to international standards.
- Abhinav Bindra Committee is setup with objective of identifying and supporting potential medal prospects for 2020 and 2024 Olympic Games
- TOPS was launched under the ambit of National Sports Development Fund (NSDF).
- Under it, Sports Authority of India (SAI) and federations, which are members of Mission Olympic Cell (MOC), will be nodal agencies for disbursal for funds.