- Union Government has constituted new 21-member advisory panel on science, technology and innovation.
- It will be headed by Principal Scientific Advisor to government.
- The council will advise PM on science, technology, as well as innovation.
- It will also coordinate implementation of PMs scientific vision.
- It will actively aid in formulation and timely implementation of major science and technology missions and evolve interdisciplinary technology development programmes.
- It will also advise government on developing ‘Clusters of Excellence’ in science including city-based R&D clusters.
- It will work to bring together all science and technology partners from academia and institutes to industries near such centres or cities.