Skip to content
- It is one of the tiger reserves of India and the largest national park of Madhya Pradesh.
- Present-day Kanha area is divided into two sanctuaries, Hallon and Banjar.
- Kanha National Park was created in June 1955 and was made the Kanha Tiger Reserve in 1973.
- Today it stretches over an area of 940 square km in the two districts Mandla and Balaghat.
- It the largest National Park in Central India and was ranked in the top 10 Famous Places for Tourists.
- It had inspired Rudyard Kipling for his famous novel Jungle Book.
- The park has a significant population of Bengal tiger, Indian leopards, sloth bear, barasingha and Indian wild dog.