- India Post is central postal system of India
- It was founded on 1st April 1854.
- It works under the Ministry of Communication of the Government of India.
- The postal system of India is one of the widely distributed networks in the world.
- India is divided into 23 postal circles headed by Chief Postmaster.
- Indian Post provides its services in Philately, Army Postal Service, Electronic Indian Postal Order, Postal Life Insurance, Postal Savings, Banking, Data collection, e-commerce, and Railways.
Stamps are used for postage and for services. There are variety of stamps produced in India with different themes. The first stamp in Asia were issued in India in July 1852 by Bartle Frere.
Postal Index Number is a 6-digit code of post office introduced on 15th August 1972. Out of total 9 PIN regions, eight are PIN denoted geographical regions and one is reserved for Army Postal Service.