Skip to content
- India has the highest number of ‘stunted’ children in the world.
- Nearly a third of all stunted children worldwide are to be found in India.
- Report released by WHO.
- About 46.6 million children in India suffer from stunting due to poor nutrition intake in the long term and repeated infections.
- India is also the country with the highest number of children who are ‘wasted’. This is an even more severe indicator of acute malnutrition.
- India has 25.5 million children who are wasted. Among the 50.5 million children who are wasted globally, India has half of the global wasting burden.