National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS):
- It will be implemented by Department of Science &Technology under Ministry of Science and Technology for period of five years.
- The objective of Mission is to addresses ever increasing technological requirements of the society.
- It also takes into account international trends and road maps of leading countries for next generation technologies.
Implementation of this mission will develop and bring
- Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) and associated technologies within reach in the country,
- Adoption of CPS technologies to address India specific National / Regional issues,
- Catalyse Translational Research,
- Produce Next Generation skilled manpower in CPS,
- Accelerate entrepreneurship and start-up ecosystem development in CPS,
- Place India at par with other advanced countries and derive several direct and indirect benefits.
- Give impetus to advanced research in CPS, Technology development and higher education in Science, Technology and Engineering disciplines.
- It is comprehensive mission to address technology development, application development, human resource development & skill enhancement, entrepreneurship and start-up development in CPS and associated technologies.
- It aims at establishment of 15 numbers of Technology Innovation Hubs (TIH), six numbers of Application Innovation Hubs (AIH) and four numbers of Technology Translation Research Parks (TTRP).
- These Hubs & TTRPs will connect to Academics, Industry, Central Ministries and State Government in developing solutions at reputed academic, R&D and other organizations across the country in a hub and spoke model.
- They have four focused areas along which mission implementation will proceed viz.
- Technology Development;
- HRD & Skill Development;
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Start-ups Ecosystem Development;
- International Collaborations.
- Strategic approach involving a suitable mix of Academic, Industry and Government is proposed to be adopted.
- Strong Steering and Monitoring Mechanisms in the form of Mission Governing Board (MGB), Inter-Ministerial Coordination Committee (IMCC), Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) and other Sub-Committees will guide and monitor the Mission implementation.
Significance of Mission
- It will act as engine of growth, benefiting national initiatives in health, education, energy, environment, agriculture, strategic cum security, and industrial sectors, Industry 4.0, SMART Cities and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- It will help bring paradigm shift in entire skill sets requirement.
- It will boost job opportunities by imparting advanced skills and generating skilled manpower as per requirement of the industry and society.
- It will support and encourage Central ministries and departments, state governments and also industry to effectively use CPS technologies in their projects and schemes for the benefit of the society.