Skip to content
- 5G is wireless communication technology based on third-generation partnership project (3GPP).
- It is next generation mobile networks technology after 4G LTE networks.
- It is expected to offer enhanced mobile broadband.
- The 5G technology will offer far greater upload and download speed available at present.
- High data speed offered by 5G network will help cloud systems to stream software updates, music, and navigation data to driverless cars.
- Moreover, it holds the key to growth of artificial intelligence (AI) systems and enhance IoT.
- As per the OECD Committee on Digital Economic Policy, 5G technologies rollout will help in increasing GDP, creating employment and digitizing the economy.
- Why in news? 5G technology was tested by Airtel and Huawei in Gurugram