Genomics deals with the development of genome-scale technologies and their application to all areas of biological investigation. The Human Genome Project was an international scientific research project that determined the DNA sequence of the approximately 20,000 – 25,000 genes that make up the human genome. With its completion genetic engineers could determine role played by different genes in human development, growth, diseases, and characteristics.
- Understanding Autism
- Providing cheap treatment of Brain tumors, breast cancer and leukemia are among the most common and lethal cancers.
- Understanding T1 Diabetes is possible and its effect on immune system and improve its treatment methods
- Discovery of species diversity in vaginal microbiome of pregnant women, and nasal microbiome of children explained.
- Increased understanding of Several diseases of Digestive Tract, skin, reproductive organs and childhood disorders
- Helps in for monitoring the status of genomic and meta-genomic projects worldwide and their associated metadata. creating a database in will help in understanding genetic cause of different diseases due to climate change around the world.