It is inaugurated to promote a sense of inclusiveness among the tribals. It will also showcase and promote various facets of tribal culture on a large scale.
- In this carnival around 1,600 tribal artists and around 8,000 tribal delegates from across the country are taking part.
- Besides, eminent tribal personalities who have excelled in various fields like arts and culture, literature, sports, academics and medicine will also participate.
- The idea behind the carnival is to preserve and promote various facets of the tribal life relating to culture, tradition, customs and their skills.
- Besides it also seeks to expose it to the general public with a view to utilise the potential for overall holistic development of the Scheduled Tribes.
- The carnival will host activities like displaying documents on traditional socio-culture aspects, exhibition of art/artifacts, cultural performances. It will also demonstration of skills like paintings, traditional healing practices, sports, etc.
- It will also host workshops on issues like implementation of Panchayats (Extension to the Scheduled Areas) Act, 1996 (PESA), Forest Rights Act (FRA), 2006
NOTE: You can mention National Tribal Carnival if a questions comes on “Tribal Issues”, “Diversity” etc.