Day 17 : 11th July 2018
(1). Social and Political Life III – Class VIII – Chapters 6 to 10
- Chapter 06: UNDERSTANDING OUR CRIMINAL SYSTEM
- Chapter 07: UNDERSTANDING MARGINALIZATION
- Chapter 08: CONFRONTING MARGINALIZATION
- Chapter 09: PUBLIC FACILITIES
- Chapter 10: LAW AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
(2). Map of South Asia: Nepal & Bhutan
- Focus more on mountains, plateaus and rivers in Nepal & Bhutan
- Location of Important cities
- Border areas
(3). Current of 10th July from IAS4Sure Notes
(4). Read One Newspaper
(5). Listen to Spotlight/news Analysis on NEWSONAIR
(6). If time permits:
- RSTV : The Big Picture
- RSTV : India’s world
- Step 1: Make a timeline of all important events in world history like Industrial revolution, American revolution, French Revolution, Italian reunification etc.
- Just note the events in increasing order of their time.
- It will help in understanding interlinks between them
- How to build a Timeline? It is a gradual process. Keep reading NCERTs (Old World History) as stories. Side by side maintain a record of important events like 1979 – Steam Engine ( Page XXX NCERT), 1811 – Luddite Revolution (Page XXX NCERT) etc.
- Step 2: If you have prepared a timeline, you should have brief idea about world history timeline. Now, prepare short 1-2 page note on important topics. Analyse past 3-4 years papers of World History and you will see that questions are asked only around important events and are quite straight forward.
- So, there is no need to cover entire book from cover to cover. Rather, choose important topics and prepare notes on them following a timeline.
- Topics like:
- Renaissance: Origin; Why in Italy/Europe?; Impact on Europe etc
- Industrial Revolution: What; Why in UK?; Why other nations were late?; Impact on India; Impact on developing world; Labour conditions etc.
- American Revolution: Conditions; Role of thinkers, leaders, foreigners; Impact on US and other world;
- French Revolution: Conditions of French society; Role of leaders; Impact on France; Impact on Europe and other world etc.
- In this manner, prepare notes and keep revising them.
MCQs based on current and today’s targets will be posted in night here
You can download entire schedule here