Swajal Yojana

Ministry/Department:  Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
  • Swajal is community owned drinking water programme for sustained drinking water supply.
  • The scheme aims at ensuring availability of clean drinking water to every household round year and also generate employment.
  • Under it, 90% of the project cost is borne by Government and remaining 10% cost is contributed by the community.
  • The Operations and management of the project will be taken care by the local villagers.
  • Under this scheme, government aims to provide villages with piped water supply powered by harnessing solar energy.
  • Hundreds of rural technicians will be trained under this scheme for operation and maintenance of Swajal units.
  • Schemes has been launched in 115 aspirational districts.

ias4sure.com - Swajal Yojana

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top