- It is India’s first indigenous microprocessor.
- Develop by IIT Madras.
- It has been developed under project partly funded by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), as part of two-decade-old efforts to develop indigenous microprocessors.
- It will reduce dependency on imported microchips especially in communication and defence sectors and thus eliminate risk of cyber-attacks.
- It can be used in mobile computing, wireless and networking systems.
- It may also provide power to mobile phones, smart meters and surveillance cameras.
Microprocessors are brain of all computing and electronic devices and are used to operate larger high-speed systems and supercomputers.