Ministry: Ministry of Power
Aims at providing last mile electricity connectivity to all rural and urban households.
- Under the scheme, government will provide free electricity to all households identified poor under Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) data 2011.
- Electricity connections will be given to APL families for Rs 500, which will be payable in 10 equal monthly instalments.
- The BPL cardholders will get free electricity connections.
- The total outlay of scheme is Rs. 16, 320 crore while Gross Budgetary Support (GBS) is Rs. 12,320 crore.
- The Central Government will provide largely funds for the Scheme to all States/UTs.
- The States and Union Territories are required to complete works of household electrification by 31st of December 2018.
- For covering un-electrified households located in remote and inaccessible areas, solar power packs of 200 to 300 Wp with battery bank, comprising of 5 LED lights, 1 DC fan, 1 DC power plug.
- It also includes the Repair and Maintenance (R&M) for 5 years.
- The Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC) will be nodal agency for operationalisation of scheme throughout country.
- Gram Panchayat/Public institutions in rural areas will be authorised to collect application forms along with complete documentation, distribute bills and collect revenue in consultation with Panchayat Raj Institutions (PRIs) and Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).