Skip to content
- ROSA is an advanced, flexible solar array that rolls out like a tape.
- The ROSA is very much flexible so that it can be adapted to different sizes including very large arrays.
- ROSA is expected to provide power for a variety of future spacecraft and satellites.
- ROSA is smaller and lighter than the traditional panels and has a centre wing build of a flexible material containing photovoltaic cells to convert light into electricity.
- ROSA with significantly less mass and volume can offer substantial cost savings and increase the power for satellites.
- Why in news? It is being tested on International Space Station.