Skip to content
- QR code (Quick Response code) is a two-dimensional (matrix) machine-readable bar code made up of black and white square.
- This code can be read by the camera of a smartphone.
- It is used for storing URLs or other information that link directly to text, emails, websites, phone numbers.
- It is capable of 360 degrees (omni-directional), high speed reading.
- QR Code can store up to 7089 digits as compared to conventional bar codes which can store max 20 digits.
- It encodes same amount of data in one-tenth the space of a traditional bar code.
- It carries information both horizontally and vertically.
- It has error correction capability and data stored in it can be restored even if it is partially damaged or dirty.