Skip to content
- NSDC is Public Private Partnership (PPP) under Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- It was founded in 2009 as not-for-profit company by Ministry of Finance to address need for providing skilled manpower across various industry sectors.
- Government of India (GoI) through MSDE holds 49% of share capital of NSDC, while private sector has balance 51% of the share capital.
- NSDC aims to promote skill development by catalysing creation of large, quality and for-profit vocational institutions.
- Its objective is to create training capacity in the country; fund vocational training initiatives and create market ecosystem for skill development.
- Its mandate is to train 150 million people by 2022.
- It is also involved in re-skilling and also in catering to skilled manpower requirement of overseas markets, most notably that of Japan (under TITP) and UAE.