Skip to content
- The NCSK was established in 1994 to deal with the grievances of persons engaged in manual scavenging.
- It has a sanctioned strength of four members and a chairperson.
- It is statutory body established under National Commission for Safai Karamcharis Act, 1993.
- It aims to promote and safeguard the interests and rights of Safai Karamcharis.
- Its mandate is to study, evaluate and monitor the implementation of various schemes for Safai Karamcharis as an autonomous organisation.
- Why in news? Union Cabinet has approved creation of one post each of Vice-Chairperson and Member in the National Commission for Safai Karmacharis (NCSK).