Ministry/Department: Ministry of Minority Affairs
Objective: To equip minority youth with employable skills
- Minority youths in the age group of 17 to 35 years who are school-dropouts or educated in the community education institutions like Madarsas, are provided an integrated input of formal education (up till Class VIII or X) and skill training along with certification
- It is done with a view of enabling them to seek better employment in the organized sector and equipping them with better lives.
- Minimum 30% seats are earmarked for minority girls.
- It includes a Non-residential programme of 9-12 months duration involving a Basic Bridge Programme (For Class VIII or Class X) for their education, along with training in trade based skills for sustained livelihood/gainful employment.
- The scheme covers the entire country.
- Launched in 2015