Skip to content
- MPEDA is a nodal coordinating state owned agency engaged in fishery production and allied activities.
- It was established in 1972 under Marine Products Export Development Authority Act (MPEDA), 1972.
- It functions under Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It is headquartered in Kochi, Kerala.
- Its mandate is to increase exports of sea food including fisheries of all kinds, specifying standards, marketing, processing, extension and training in various aspects.
- It acts as coordinating agency with different Central and State Government establishments engaged in fishery production and allied activities.