Ministry: Ministry of External Affairs
- For NRI and PIO youth
- KIP aims to provide them with an exposure to the country of their origin so that they can understand India better and more closely
- It is for NRI and PIO youth of age group of 18 to 30 years.
- It was a 3 week orientation program. In 2016, KIP scheme was revamped to extend number of days from 21 to 25 days including 10-day visit to one or two states.
- The KIP offers a platform for the young PIOs to visit India share their views, expectations and experiences and forge closer bonds with the India of present times
- It was launched in 2004.
- The participants are selected on basis of nominations received and recommendations of heads of Indian Missions and posts.