Aims to train youths from both rural and urban areas of J&K in various job-intensive vocational courses over the next three years
- Himayat is a placement linked skill development initiative for training and placement of 1 lakh youths from J&K in next 5 years.
- Youths enrolled for this scheme will be given training for six-months, nine-months and one year job-oriented courses.
- They will be trained in and outside the state.
- A provision has been also kept for foreign placements as well
- The scheme is part of the Skill Empowerment and Employment scheme of the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).