Skip to content
- GSAT-31 would be placed at Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit.
- GSAT-31 will augment the Ku-band transponder capacity in Geostationary Orbit.
- GSAT-31 derives its heritage from ISRO’s earlier INSAT/GSAT satellite series and will provide continuity to operational services on some of the in-orbit satellites.
- GSAT-31 will provide DTH Television Services, connectivity to VSATs for ATM, Stock-exchange, Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG) and e-governance applications.
- GSAT-31 will also be used for bulk data transfer for a host of emerging telecommunication applications.
- GSAT-31 was launched from the launch vehicle Ariane 5 VA-247 from French Guinea.