Ministry/Department : Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation
Objective is to uplift urban poor folks by enhancing sustainable livelihood opportunities through skill development.
- It is Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
- Its intended beneficiaries are urban poor (street vendors, slum dwellers, homeless, rag pickers); unemployed and differently abled.
- It provides for employment through Skill Training and Placement through City Livelihood Centres to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households.
- It also provides social mobilization and institution development through formation of Self-Help Groups (SHG) for training members and hand holding, an initial support of 10, 000 is given for each group.
- It also provides subsidy to urban poor i.e. interest subsidy of 5% – 7% for setting up individual micro-enterprises with loan of up to 2 lakhs and for group enterprises with loan limit of up to Rs.10 lakhs.
- It fully funds cost of construction of shelters for urban homeless.
- It also provides for development of vendor markets and also promotion of skills for vendors through setting up infrastructure and special projects for rag picker and differently abled etc.
- Funding will be shared between the Centre and the States in the ratio of 75:25. For North Eastern and Special Category – the ratio will be 90:10.
- Launched in 2014