Ministry/Department : Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Aim is to boost dairy sector.
- It is managed by NDDB and will be implemented from 2017-18 to 2028-29.
- Milk unions, multi-state milk cooperatives, state dairy federations, milk producer companies and NDDB subsidiaries can avail loan under this scheme after meeting eligibility criteria.
- Under this scheme, eligible milk organisations will be provided financial assistance in the form of a loan at 6.5% interest for building an efficient milk procurement system and other dairy processing infrastructure.
- This loan will be reimbursed over period of 10 years.
- It also has provision of interest subsidy on loans.
- The loan proceeds will be provided for putting in place efficient milk procurement system by setting up of chilling infrastructure and installation of electronic milk adulteration testing equipment.
- It will be also used for creation, modernisation and expansion of processing infrastructure and manufacturing faculties for value-added dairy products.
- The scheme will benefit 95,00,000 farmers in about 50,000 villages.
- In addition to this, it will provide direct and indirect employment to many skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled workers.
- It will also help in creating additional milk processing capacity of 126 lakh litre per day, milk drying capacity of 210 MT per day, milk chilling capacity of 140 lakh litre per day.