Skip to content
- It is the world’s largest single earth observation programme directed by European Commission in partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA).
- It aims at achieving global, continuous, autonomous, high quality, wide range Earth observation capacity.
- It provides wide range of applications like climate change, ocean, land and atmosphere monitoring as well as support in forecasting, management and mitigation of natural disasters.
- Its full, free and open data policy has proven its merits and allowed development of thriving user base in Europe and beyond.
- Why in news? EU will provide free access to data of this program to India