Skip to content
- BNHS is one of the largest non-governmental organisations in India engaged in conservation and biodiversity research.
- It was founded on 15 September 1883 and headquartered at Hornbill House, Mumbai.
- It supports many research efforts through grants and publishes the Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society.
- Department of Science and Technology has designated it as a ‘Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation’.
- Why in news? It will start operating its first regional centre or avifauna observatory on the campus of Wetland Research and Training Centre near Chilika Lake.