Ministry : Ministry of Earth Sciences
Aim: The scheme aims at improving skill of weather and climate forecast through sustained observations, intensive Research & Development.
- It consists of nine sub-programmes which are multi-disciplinary and multi institutional in nature and will be implemented in integrated manner.
- It seeks to addresses different aspects of weather and climate services, which includes warnings for cyclone, storm surges, heat waves, thunderstorms etc.
- Each of these aspects is incorporated as nine sub-schemes under umbrella scheme ACROSS and is implemented in integrated manners.
Benefits of Scheme
- It will provide improved weather, climate and ocean forecast and services, thereby ensuring transfer of commensurate benefits to the various services.
- It will also provide a sizable number of scientific and technical staff along with requisite administrative support, thereby generating employment.
- It will generate employment opportunities to many people as large number of agencies like the Krishi Vigyana Kendras of ICAR, Universities and local municipalities are roped to ensure last-mile connectivity of the weather based services to the end–user.
- Topicwise Notes for entire UPSC Syllabus. Check WikiIAS
- Best Test Series for UPSC Prelims. Check MCQ Factory
- Self Study Plans for UPSC Prelims. Check Self Study Plans