Skip to content
- Article 341 of the Constitution provides certain privileges and concessions to the members of Scheduled Castes
- Under the provision of Article 341, first list of SCs in relation to a states/UT is to be issued by a notified Order of the President after consulting concerned state Government.
- But the clause (2) of Article 341 envisages that, any subsequent inclusion in or exclusion from the list of Scheduled Castes can be effected through an Act of Parliament.
- So far, six Presidential Orders have been issued between 1950 and 1978 for specifying SC in respect of various States/Union territories.
- These Orders have been amended from time to time by Acts of Parliament enacted as per Article 341(2) of the Constitution between 1956 and 2016