You are now a retired police officer. During your service you were known for utmost honesty and integrity. You were loved by the people wherever you served as an officer. Recently, you were diagnosed with a harmless cancer, which if neglected would turn into malignant and life-threatening one. You are advised to undergo surgery immediately. In the hospital where you are undergoing treatment, an oncologist comes to know that you were the person who had rescued his mother and him from being beaten to death by relatives over property issue, and later given his mother job and enabled her to lead an independent life. Out of gratitude, he now wants to treat you without charging a penny. He also tells you that he would waive all medical expenses. But, you do not agree with this and tell him that you can manage the expenses. However, the oncologist insists and cures you of cancer free of cost. He also tells you that he would regularly visit you and keep a track of your health.
- Empathy towards a mother and a son who are in need.
- Gratitude from the doctor for the service of a police officer.
- Integrity and honesty of the police officer during his tenure in serving the people.
- Responsibility of officer in ensuring that mother gets a job and lead an independent life.
- Accountability to the duty one is endowed with i.e. public service, here of police officer.
- Topicwise Notes for entire UPSC Syllabus. Check WikiIAS
- Best Test Series for UPSC Prelims. Check MCQ Factory
- Self Study Plans for UPSC Prelims. Check Self Study Plans