Assume that you are a district collector (DC) of a communally sensitive district where frequent communal clashes are the norm. As a DC, how will you ensure peace and harmony in your district? What measures will you take on priority basis soon after you assume your office? Explain. (200 Words)
- Arrange meeting with leaders of all community individually to know the main issue of dissidence.
- Arrange open debate of all leaders along with public participation.
- Issue strict order against any miscreants.
- Call for help of armed police in case there is chance of increased violence.
- Issue public notice in print and electronic media to not to follow any news without verified source.
- Arrange for health, food, shelter for affected people.
- Holding meeting with police and other authority to identify depth of situation and actions taken and options available.
- Mapping of affected region along with intensity level.
- Will go on ground to analyse the situation.