Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) under Commerce Ministry has unveiled Start-up-India ranking framework to rank states/UTs based on measures regions that have taken to foster entrepreneurship.
Startup States and UTs Ranking Framework
- The framework aims to foster competitiveness and propel states/UTS to act proactively in startup matters.
- This ranking will help states to bring progress made in their startup ecosystem and also make different states learn and replicate good practices.
- Its objective is to encourage States/UTs to take proactive steps towards strengthening Startup ecosystems at local level.
- It will also measure impact of each step initiated at local level for building strong Startup ecosystem.
- It will also enable continuous learning through the dissemination of good practices.
- It is based on feedback collected from Startup ecosystem stakeholders, which include startups, mentors, investors, accelerators, incubators and government bodies.
- The parameters of this feedback focus on all actions and initiatives undertaken by states on or before March 2018.
- These parameters include having startup cell or helpline and mobile or web portal for queries, size of startup mentor network created by state government and number of key incubators for incubation support to startups.
- It also gives greater thrust like seed funding support, women entrepreneurship.
- DIPP released first startup ranking.
- Gujarat was ranked as the Best Performer.
NOTE: Don’t focus on details. Mention Start-up-India ranking framework as a positive step taken by government in answers.