Skip to content
- Loans disbursed under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) have crossed its target of Rs 1.8 lakh crore in the financial year 2016-17.
- Out of the 4 crore borrowers, over 70% of the borrowers were women.
- Around 20% of the borrowers belonged to Scheduled Caste category, 5% belonged to Scheduled Tribe category and 35% belonged to other backward classes.
- Robust growth in bank loans to unfunded and underfunded segments of the society indicates that this category of borrowers has emerged as a key driver of demand for credit.
- Non-insistence of collateral/guarantor, simple documentation and quick processing are the three praiseworthy attributes of the MUDRA loans.
- For 2-17-18, Rs. 2.44 lakh crore has been set as a target for Mudra loans