The NMEP primarily aims at accelerating the exploration activity in the country through enhanced participation of the private sector
- The policy seeks to uncover full mineral potential in order to put the nation’s mineral resources (non-fuel and non-coal) to best use and maximize sectoral contribution to the Indian economy
- It emphasizes on making available baseline geoscientific data of world standards in the public domain
- Emphasizes on quality research in a public-private partnership (PPP)
- Focus on special initiatives for search of deep-seated and concealed mineral deposits
- It seeks to undertake quick aero geophysical surveys of country and creation of dedicated geoscience database.
- The Union Ministry of Mines will carry out auctioning of identified exploration blocks for exploration by private sector
- It will be done on the revenue sharing basis in case their exploration leads to auctionable resources. The revenue will be borne by the successful bidder of those auctionable blocks