- Understaffed judiciary
- India must have at least two to four times the current sanctioned strength of judges.
- The government is considering fast-track special courts for commercial disputes.
- This shows minimal concern for the poor who may be innocent but are rotting in prisons as under trials
Filling the positions of judges
- Not a single instance when all the judicial posts being filled.
- Average vacancy in the Supreme Court, high courts and lower courts is about 10, 30 and 20 per cent, respectively.
- In fact number of sanctioned judicial positions is adequate, but these are not fille