- Spain is India’s 7th largest trading partner in the European Union.
- Bilateral trade between both the nations have totalled USD 5.27 billion in 2016.
PM Modi has visited Spain, first visit by Indian PM in nearly 30 years.
Outcomes of PM Visit:
- PM has welcomed Spain’s infrastructure, tourism, energy and defense companies to invest in priority sectors in India.
- MoUs signed:
- Agreement for Transfer of Sentence Persons
- MoU on Cooperation in Organ Transplantation
- MoU on Cooperation in Cyber Security
- MoU on Cooperation in Renewable Energy
- MoU on Technical Cooperation in Civil Aviation
- Agreement on visa waiver for holders of diplomatic passports.
- MoU between Foreign Service Institute and Diplomatic Academy of Spain.