Mozambique is oil rich.
- Mr. Modi’s visit to Mozambique is significant as the country is home to a bulk of India’s Africa-bound investment
- Energy dialogue between two sides has been steadily growing since the India Africa Forum Summit
- In August 2015, both sides had signed a crucial MoU to cooperate in the new and renewable energy sector
- Mozambique is expected to become a major energy exporter like Nigeria if it can set a proper legal framework to enable foreign firms to explore oil and gas in the country
- India has been a major campaigner to facilitate the pro-energy legal framework in the country
- 3 MoUs signed in areas of drug trafficking, pulse trading and sports