Dayal Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
- Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana (DAY) aims to uplift the poor folks by enhancing sustainable livelihood opportunities through skill development.
- Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana integrates:
- National Urban Livelihoods Mission(NULM): It is the urban component of the mission and is being implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- National Rural Livelihoods Mission(NRLM): It is the rural component of the mission and is being implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development.
Implementation of (DAY-NULM)
The DAY-NULM has taken following initiatives during the tenure of present government:
- 34 lakh urban poor women were organised into self-help groups.
- Subsidised loans have been provided to over 8.5 lakh individuals and
- Over 8.9 lakh candidates have been skill trained and certified and over 4.6 lakh have been placed.
- 16 lakh street vendors have been identified through a survey and half of them have been given identity cards.
- More than 1,000 permanent shelters have been set up, creating space for more than 60,000 urban homeless