- Held in Japan
- PM Modi visited Japan
- The partnership between the two countries has been transformed a lot and it has now become as a ‘special strategic and global partnership’.
- Japan investors will invest around $2.5 Billion US dollars in India.
- The two sides agreed for a 2+2 dialogue between our foreign ministers and defence ministers to further work towards world peace.
- An India-Japan Business Platform will be established to enhance the development of industrial corridors and industrial network in the region
- Both countries will cooperate for the first time in the areas of traditional medicinal systems such as Yoga and Ayurveda. This will facilitate a boost in the healthcare in both the countries.
- Both the countries have agreed to synchronize upon sharing benefits of the Ayushman Bharat scheme and the Japanese healthcare programme.
- There will be commencement of talks on a military logistics pact, the Acquisition and Cross Servicing Agreement, between the two nations that will ensure the access to each other’s military bases and naval bases.
- Japan will invest more significantly in the up gradation of infrastructure in the Northeast which will also link India to Southeast Asia.
- The two countries will work together to extend access to education, health and other amenities to the people of the Indo-Pacific, including Africa.
- Japan-India Investment Promotion Roadmap enhanced the contribution of Japan in India’s Make in India initiative with establishment of Business Support Centre in Ahmedabad.