Skip to content
- India is 6th largest coffee producer in the world with 4% share after Brazil, Vietnam, Colombia, Indonesia and Ethiopia.
- In India, coffee is cultivated in about 4.54 lakh hectares by 3.66 lakh coffee farmers and 98% of them are small farmers.
- Karnataka (54%), Kerala (19%) and Tamil Nadu (8%) are largest coffee producing states.
- India accounts for only 4-5% of world’s coffee output, but exports 70-80% of its produce.
- Italy, Russia and Germany are the top three buyers of Indian coffee.
- In India, two coffee varieties robusta (or Coffea canephora) and Coffea arabica are grown on large scale.