Complete Package for Civil Service Preparation by self study :
* IAS4Sure Notes
* The MCQ Factory (TMF)
* Prelims Guidance Program 2021
* Prelims Test Series 2021
- Also called Customs Convention on International Transport of Goods under Cover of TIR Carnets, 1975 (TIR Convention)
- It is an international customs transit system under the auspices of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) with the widest geographical coverage.
- It is more than a transport convention.
- At present, there are 70 parties to the convention including the European Union.
- India is going to be 71st country.
- The TIR is managed and developed by International Road Transport Union (IRU) which is the world road transport organisation.
- The TIR procedure facilitates movement of goods under customs control across international borders without the payment of the duties and taxes.
- It provides a robust guarantee mechanism facilitating the higher growth of Intra-regional trade.