- TDB is a statutory body established under Technology Development Board Act, 1995.
- Its mandate is to promote development and commercialisation of indigenous technology and adaptation of imported technology for wider application.
- It consists of 11 Board members.
- The board plays a pro-active role by encouraging enterprises to take up technology oriented products.
- The Union Government had reconstituted the board in March 2000.
- It is the first organization of its kind within the government framework with the sole objective of commercializing the fruit of indigenous research.
- It provides financial assistance to research and development institutions and equity capital or loans to industrial concerns.
NOTE: TDB can be used in answers related to Make in India, Innovation etc.