Are you the ONE who don't like to take chances and waste one precious year by failing in Prelims?
Do you want to test your knowledge after reading a particular topic? Then The MCQ Factory (TMF) is for you!
It provides topic wise high quality MCQs for testing your knowledge in a particular topic.
More details here
- Bio-gas is produced naturally through process of anaerobic decomposition from waste and bio-mass sources like agriculture residue, cattle dung, municipal solid waste, sugarcane press mud, sewage treatment plant (STP) waste, etc.
- It is called CBG after biogas is purified and compressed, which has pure methane content of over 95%.
- CBG is exactly similar to commercially available natural gas in its composition and energy potential.
- It has calorific value (~52,000 KJ/kg) and other properties are similar to CNG.
- CBG can be used as alternative, renewable automotive fuel.
- It has potential to replace CNG in automotive, industrial and commercial uses in the coming years, given the abundance of biomass in the country.
- Advantages of converting agricultural residue, cattle dung and municipal solid waste into CBG on commercial scale are
- It results in responsible waste management, reduction in carbon emissions and pollution.
- It generates additional revenue source for farmers.
- It boosts entrepreneurship, rural economy and employment.
- It supports national commitments in achieving climate change goals
- It also helps in reduction in import of natural gas and crude oil.
- It also serves as buffer against crude oil and gas price fluctuations.