- 2nd generation ethanol is a fuel that can be manufactured from various types of biomass.
- Whereas 1st generation ethanol is made from the sugars and vegetable oils found in arable crops, which can be easily extracted using conventional technology.
- In comparison, 2nd generation ethanol is made from lignocellulosic biomass or woody crops, agricultural residues or waste, which makes it harder to extract the required fuel using conventional technology.
Please comment below :
- If you want us to cover some specific topic
- If you find some factual/conceptual mistake in our notes
- If you like our notes. That will encourage us to do more.
- If you don't like our notes, then let us know why. That will help us to rectify the issue.