Complete Package for Civil Service Preparation by self study :
* IAS4Sure Notes
* The MCQ Factory (TMF)
* Prelims Guidance Program 2021
* Prelims Test Series 2021
Recently a Chinese city opened “Morality Bank” to encourage people to do good to others and reward such people by providing them free services and awards depending the amount of good work done by them. Can this model be implemented by civil servants?
As an administrator, suggest any other such novel methods you would like to implement to encourage people to be kind and empathetic to fellow citizens. (200 Words)
Morality is traditionally imbibed in the Indian way of life. Since generations we are taught to be kind, honest, and helpful and lend helping hand to needy. But in recent time, when both our internal willingness and external environment appears Non-conductive and lacking the zeal, our lessens are taking shape in the neighbourhood China. China’s innovative model of Morality bank, to encourage these practices and rewards the benevolent people is indeed a praiseworthy move. Taking a leaf from China, we need to devise our own model, especially the civil servants to make every district an island of benevolence.
- In the area of education for poor children, an initiative of adopting children by well off sections such as doctors, businessman and NRIs, can be initiative.
- Kids will be rewarded and recognized for making their apartments, society and neighbourhood clean and tidy by installing dustbins and spreading awareness for energy efficient.
- Government employees should be rewarded for performing well, no bribe and fast/quality delivery of their services.
- Also, lower cadre employees like traffic police, peons, postmen etc. should be adequately rewarded for their honest deliveries for decades. They are foot soldiers of whole government machineries; they must be recognised and rewarded.
Civil servants possess the required resources and platform and above all they have the intellectual credentials to make their own territory a model of benevolence. Many such territories will join and form a morally imbibed India, where morality is both preached and practiced.