- Caste is not a physical object like a wall of bricks or a line of barbed wire which prevents the Hindus from co-mingling and which has, therefore, to be pulled down. Caste is a notion; it is a state of the mind. – B. R. Ambedkar
- I am neither a child, a young man, nor an ancient; nor am I of any caste. – Guru Nanak
- I cannot believe there is caste system in society; I cannot believe people are judged on the basis of their prosperity. – Saina Nehwal
- “According to the Buddha’s doctrine that they believed in, it was not the caste that defined a person high or low. It was one’s deeds that mattered.” ― Swarnakanthi Rajapakse in “The Master’s Daughter”
- The caste system is opposed to the religion of the Vedanta. Caste is a social custom, and all our great preachers have tried to break it down. —Swami Vivekananda
Please comment below :
- If you want us to cover some specific topic
- If you find some factual/conceptual mistake in our notes
- If you like our notes. That will encourage us to do more.
- If you don't like our notes, then let us know why. That will help us to rectify the issue.