Are you the ONE who don't like to take chances and waste one precious year by failing in Prelims?
Do you want to test your knowledge after reading a particular topic? Then The MCQ Factory (TMF) is for you!
It provides topic wise high quality MCQs for testing your knowledge in a particular topic.
More details here
- Sikkim is first organic state in the world and all farmlands in the state are certified organic.
- State’s policy approach reaches beyond organic production and has proven transformational for its citizens.
- It primarily focuses socioeconomic aspects such as consumption and market expansion, cultural aspects as well as health, education, rural development and sustainable tourism.
- The organic farming policy implemented by state has phased out chemical fertilisers and pesticides, and achieved total ban on sale and use of chemical pesticides in the state.
- The transition has benefitted more than 66000 farming families in state.
- Transition to 100% organic state also has greatly benefited its tourism sector and numbers of tourists have increased by over 50% between 2014 and 2017.
- With this Sikkim has set excellent example for other Indian states and countries worldwide for successfully upscale agroecology.
- Sikkim was awarded UN Food and Agriculture Organisation’s (FAO) Future Policy Gold Award (Gold Prize) for its achievement in becoming the world’s first totally organic agriculture state.